Parent Council & Parent Association
Woodhaven Middle School Parent Council (WHMSPC) and Woodhaven Middle School Parents' Association (WHMSPA) work collaboratively to make each student's experience at Woodhaven the best it can be!
Who Can Join
- We welcome all parents whose child(ren) attend(s) Woodhaven.
- We have a great core group of parents leading both our Parent Council and Parent Association. We welcome and embrace new members and their input.
Why Be Involved
- Participating in Parent Council gives you the opportunity to get to know other parents, the staff at the Woodhaven and your school board trustees.
- Play an active role in decisions that affect your child both on the school level and at the division level.
- As an active member of the Alberta School Council Association, we ensure the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
- An opportunity for input on activities and programs that you would like to see implemented in our school, as well as input on funding.
- The school council meetings are a great place to receive up-to-date information about Woodhaven School and to be involved in your child’s education. We often have speakers from our school division. Teachers also join us to speak about some of the new, fun and exciting things they are doing in their classrooms.
What We Do
- We run a Grab ‘N' Go program in the mornings which is offered to students who may not have had time to have breakfast before school.
- We run concessions during track meets.
- We provide volunteers for fundraising and school initiatives.
- Hot lunch. For information on hot lunch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When We Meet
The Parent Council meets the 3rd Thursday of every month (with the exception of December). We meet in the school library at 6:30pm.
The Parent Association meets as the need for fundraisers arises. Watch this website’s calendar for dates/times.
2018-2019 School Council Meeting Dates
- Thursday, September 20
- Thursday, October 25
- Thursday, November 22
- Thursday, January 24
- Thursday, February 28
- Thursday, March 21
- Thursday, April 25
- Thursday, May 23
2018-2019 Parent Council & Parent Association Meeting Minutes
- Parent Council Meeting Minutes - October 25, 2018 (DRAFT)
- Parent Council Meeting Minutes - September 20, 2018
- Parent Council Meeting Minutes - May 24, 2018
Who We Are
Parent Council (WHMSPC)
|Chair - John Tucker|
|Vice Chair - Krystal Gray|
|Secretary - Ellen Brown|
|Volunteer Coordinator - Lei Grayshik|
|COSC Representative - Vacant|
|Grab ‘N' Go Coordinator - Colleen Bouwmeester|
Parent Association (WHMSPA)
|Chair - Carlee Espetveidt|
|Vice Chair - Colleen Bouwmeester|
|Secretary - Shara Butt|
|Treasurer - Joanne Ferguson|
|Hot Lunch Coordinator - Coralee Lopez|
For more information contact: