Spruce Grove Implementation Plan & Kindergarten Registration Now Open
Monday, February 29, 2016 - Kindergarten registration is now open for Parkland School Division's 2016 - 2017 school year. A team of school and division administrators are working to prepare the first phase of transitions for the new Spruce Grove attendance areas that take effect in the fall of 2016. Parkland School Division is excited to be opening two new schools over the next two school years. Relief is in sight. The overdue right-sizing of our schools will take place over the next couple of years.
The team is working its way through all the available enrolment data to identify demographics of students that may or may not be on the move when Prescott Learning Centre opens in September and the new attendance areas begin to take shape.
Please note: The attendance areas applicable for the balance of the 2015-16 school year can be found on our existing Designated School & Attendance Area page. To determine your designated school for next year, visit our 2016 - 2017 Designated School & Attendance Area page.
How to Register
Fill out the PSD Registration form that can be found on our Registration Page and drop it off at your designated school or bring it with you to their open house. The student's birth certificate and proof of residence is required for registration.
Spruce Grove Implementation Plan - Phase 1
It's important for parents or guardians to know some key points of Phase 1 of the Implementation Plan.
- Prescott Learning Centre will open Kindergarten to Grade 8 and will add Grade 9 in the fall of 2017.
- Grade 8 students currently at Greystone Centennial Middle School and Woodhaven Middle School will remain in their current schools for Grade 9 in order to eliminate two moves in two consecutive years.
- All Maranatha Christian Program students and staff will move to their new locations for the fall of 2016. (Brookwood School K-4, Woodhaven Middle School Grades 5-9)
- All current students designated for New School #2 will be directed to remain at their current schools until the second new school opens.
- Principals are determining grade groupings and staffing needs. The staffing process is underway.
- Cross attendance opportunities may become available in specific grades and at specific schools depending on space and resources. This will be determined by the Principals at a later date.
- Details of the implentation steps will be shared with students, parents, staff members, School Councils and the public as they become available.
Update - March 1, 2016
- All Prescott Learning Centre students will move for Kindergarten to Grade 8 for the fall of 2016.
- Grade 3 students currently attending Brookwood School and Millgrove School will remain at their current schools for Grade 4 in order to eliminate two moves in two consecutive years.
- Grade 2 students currently at Brookwood School but are designated to Millgrove School in the new Attendance Areas will complete their Early Years at Brookwood and then proceed to Greystone Centennial Middle School for Grades 5 - 9.
- Grade 7 students currently at Greystone Centennial Middle School that are designated to Woodhaven School in the new Attendance Areas will complete Middle Years at Greystone Centennial Middle School and then proceed to Spruce Grove Composite High School for Grades 10-12.
- All current Parkland School Division students who will be moving to a newly designated school in the 2016-17 school year will have their school files and enrolment information transferred electronically to their new school and will not have to complete new registration forms for their new school.
Kindergarten Registration/Open House
Kindergarten registration for all Spruce Grove schools begins Tuesday, March 1, 2016. Students are to be registered in their designated schools. Two Open Houses will be held for families registering their children in Kindergaten for the 2016 - 2017 school year. Students are welcome to attend with their parents.
Kindergarten Open House (English)
Date: Thursday, April 14
Location: All Spruce Grove & Area Schools (including Parkland Village School)*
*Prescott Learning Centre's Kindergarten Open House will also be on April 14th and will be hosted at
École Broxton Park School.
*The Kindergarten Open House for students attending the Maranatha Christian Program will be on April 14th at Brookwood School.
*Graminia School's Open House will run on April 14th from 6-7pm.
Kindergarten Open House (French)
Date: Wednesday, March 16
Location:École Meridian Heights School
Location:École Broxton Park School
Need to Knows
Everything else you need to know on the topic of registration can be found on our Registration Page.
For more information contact: