Parent Council & Parent Association
Woodhaven Middle School Parent Council (WHMSPC) and Woodhaven Middle School Parents' Association (WHMSPA) work collaboratively to make each student's experience at Woodhaven the best it can be!
Who Can Join
- We welcome all parents whose child(ren) attend(s) Woodhaven.
- We have a great core group of parents leading both our Parent Council and Parent Association. We welcome and embrace new members and their input.
Why Be Involved
- An opportunity to get to know other parents, the staff at the Woodhaven and your school board trustees.
- Play an active role in decisions that affect your child both on the school level and at the division level.
- As an active member of the Alberta School Council Association, we ensure the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
- An opportunity for input on activities and programs that you would like to see implemented in our school, as well as input on funding.
- The school council meetings are a great place to receive up-to-date information about Woodhaven School and to be involved in your child’s education. We often have speakers from our school division. Teachers also join us to speak about some of the new, fun and exciting things they are doing in their classrooms.
What We Do
- We run a Grab ‘N Go program in the mornings which is offered to students who may not have had time before school to have breakfast.
- We run concessions during track meets.
- We provide volunteers for fundraising and school initiatives.
- Hot lunch. For information on hot lunch, please email email@example.com
When We Meet
The Parent Council meets the 3rd Thursday of every month (with the exception of December). We meet in the school library at 6:30pm.
The Parent Association meets as the need for fundraisers arises. Watch this website’s calendar for dates/times.
2016 - 2017 School Council Meeting Dates
- October 20
- November 17
- January 19
- February 16
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15
2016 - 2017 Parent Council & Parent Association Meeting Minutes
- Woodhaven Parent Council Meeting Minutes - March 16, 2017 (DRAFT)
- Woodhaven Parent Council Meeting Minutes - January 19, 2017
- Woodhaven Parent Association Meeting Minutes - December 12, 2016
- Woodhaven Parent Council Meeting Minutes - October 27, 2016
- Woodhaven Parent Council Meeting Minutes - September 22, 2016
- Woodhaven Parent Association Annual General Meeting Minutes - June 3, 2016
- Woodhaven Parent Council Meeting Minutes - May 19, 2016
Who We Are
Parent Council (WHMSPC)
|Chair - John Tucker|
|Vice Chair - Krystal Gray|
|Volunteer Coordinator - Shara Butt|
|COSC Representative - Krystal Gray|
|Grab ‘N' Go Coordinator - vacant|
Parent Association (WHMSPA)
|Chair - Carlee Espetveidt|
|Vice Chair - Colleen Bouwmeester|
|Secretary - Shara Butt|
|Treasurer - Joanne Ferguson|
|Hot Lunch Coordinator - Lisa Box|
For more information contact: